Thursday 18 May 2017, Waterview, Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park
Coffee, Registration and Networking
Check in and prepare yourself for an amazing day of learning and sharing.
Creating our Learning Culture — Opening Session
Jewli Turier, CEO, Franchise Relationships Institute
Review your learning objectives and get familiar with the day’s program.
Trends in the Use of Metrics to Drive Performance — Research Update
Greg Nathan, Founder, Franchise Relationships Institite
Creating Meaningful Business Discussions with Franchisees
Using Metrics to Improve Your Practice — Small Group Discussions
Energy break and networking
How to Run Effective Franchisee Performance Groups — Expert Panel
Trends in Data Collection and AnalysisA panel of technology experts will share popular tools for gathering and synthesising data, as well as updating us on what’s coming down the pipeline.
Lunch and Networking
Concurrent Case Studies
Choose one that best suits your needs. If you’re here with your team, split up and share the learning.
Secrets to Successful Franchisor Leadership — Mentoring Session
Using KPIs and Benchmarking to Help Franchisees Work ON Their Business — Case Studies
Using Psychology and Metrics to Build a High Performance Culture — Expert Session
Paul Saunders, Psychologist and National Leadership & Learning Manager, Priceline
Energy break and networking
“If you can't measure it, you can't improve it” — Peter Drucker
Participate in two round tables of your choice, listen to the experience of others, and share what works for you. We will also collect and disseminate the findings from the round tables so you gain access to the collective intelligence in the room!
1. Conducting useful financial discussions with high performance franchisees
What do high performing franchisees want from you? What types of discussions add the most value?
2. Preventing franchisees from getting into financial difficulty
What are the most common types of difficulties and warning signs? How do you get franchisees to take preventative action?
3. Getting franchisees to submit accurate and timely financial data
Why don’t franchisees want to share their data? What makes them more comfortable to share their data?
4. Measuring and improving franchisee compliance to brand standards
What’s the best way to objectively measure brand compliance? What makes franchisees take brand standards seriously?
5. Using Franchisee Excellence Awards to drive network wide performance
What types of Awards are used and how are these measured? How do you best leverage the benefits of Awards?
6. Using franchisee surveys to measure and improve franchisee satisfaction
What do you measure and how do you gather this data? How do turn survey data and insights into action?
7. Helping franchisees to measure and improve the productivity of their staff
How do you measure staff productivity? What strategies and tools help to improve staff productivity
8. Measuring and improving the effectiveness of your field support
How do you know your field visits are effective? What strategies improve positive results and outcomes from visits?
9. Measuring and improving the effectiveness of franchisee training programs
How do you know training program are effective? What strategies improve the effectiveness of training?
10. Measuring and improving the effectiveness of franchisee meetings and conferences
How do you know your meetings and conferences are effective? What strategies improve the effectiveness of meetings and conferences?
11. Using incentive programs and performance ladders to improve franchisee performance
What types of incentive programs are used? How do you measure and maximise their effectiveness?
12. Setting up effective franchisee peer groups that drive performance
What’s the best way to organise and lead these groups? How do you maximise their effectiveness?
13. Your top KPIs for helping franchisees improve their profitability and cash flow
What KPIs do you review with franchisees and why? How do you use these for maximum impact and benefit?
14. Helping franchisees to measure the effectiveness of their local marketing
What are the best measures of marketing success? How can franchisees measure their results?
15. Helping franchisees to set meaningful and measurable goals they will commit to
How do you engage franchisees in goal setting? How do you encourage them to take action on their goals?
16. Helping longer tenure franchisees to stay fresh and engaged
What are the signs a franchisees is becoming complacent? What helps to keep them fresh and engaged?
17. Tools and tips for maximising your effectiveness in the field
How do you prioritise what’s important? What helps you to stay organised and in control?
18. Measuring and improving delivery of the ideal customer experience
How do you define and measure the ideal customer experience? How do you get franchisee commitment to improve this?
19. Measuring and improving your effectiveness as a trusted adviser
How do you know if franchisees trust you? How do you build credibility in the eyes of franchisees?
20. Getting franchisees to make full use of your benchmarking program
Why franchisees may not be making full use of your benchmarking program? How to get them to fully engage and use the data to improve their performance?
Building a Profitable Franchise Network
Steve Rafsky, Chairman & CEO of Padgett Business Services
Reflect on the day and continue the discussion with peers over a relaxed drink.